CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Crying it Out

Dustin and I have been struggling with getting Colin to stay in his bed at night. We have tried almost everything I swear to avoid having to let him cry it out. Nothing has worked...he just doesn't want to stay in his bed. Therefore, I went to Target the other day to purchase a gate for his bedroom door. He absolutely hates it but I have ran out of things to do. I read him stories in his room before bedtime, tuck him in and tell him that "I love him," and then leave the room. He then proceeds to cry for at least twenty minutes before he finally drifts off to sleep. Let me tell you that is one of the hardest times in my life I think. Listening to your child cry for you and then forcing yourself to not go in his room and pick him up. Man, I sure hope this gets easier as the nights go on!

0 comments: